Read Colossians 4:7-18
7 Tychicus, our dearly loved brother, faithful minister, and fellow servant in the Lord, will tell you all the news about me. 8 I have sent him to you for this very purpose, so that you may know how we are and so that he may encourage your hearts.9 He is coming with Onesimus, a faithful and dearly loved brother, who is one of you. They will tell you about everything here.
10 Aristarchus, my fellow prisoner, sends you greetings, as does Mark, Barnabas’s cousin (concerning whom you have received instructions: if he comes to you, welcome him), 11 and so does Jesus who is called Justus. These alone of the circumcised are my coworkers for the kingdom of God, and they have been a comfort to me. 12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, sends you greetings. He is always wrestling for you in his prayers, so that you can stand mature and fully assured in everything God wills. 13 For I testify about him that he works hard for you, for those in Laodicea, and for those in Hierapolis. 14 Luke, the dearly loved physician, and Demas send you greetings. 15 Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters in Laodicea, and to Nympha and the church in her home.16 After this letter has been read at your gathering, have it read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and see that you also read the letter from Laodicea. 17 And tell Archippus, “Pay attention to the ministry you have received in the Lord, so that you can accomplish it.”
18 I, Paul, am writing this greeting with my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.
- Paul is writing this letter from prison. He’s there for preaching the Gospel. Would you be willing to go to jail for the sake of the Gospel? Why or why not?
- In verse 12, Paul says he is struggling in prayer on behalf of his friend. Is there anyone in your life that you’re consistently praying for?
- The greatest burden on your heart.
- One person who does not know Jesus Christ.
- God’s continued favor on our church as we move forward in 2019 and beyond.
- That you would know and love God more at the end of 2019 than ever before.